On Friday, February 24, PSAC will mark the first anniversary of Phoenix.
We want to continue to draw attention to the Phoenix pay system and its problems and send a strong message to the Prime Minister and MPs that our members have been waiting for too long; fix the Phoenix pay problems and learn from your mistakes!
Here are some ideas for how PSAC members can send a strong message to the government and our employers on February 24th.
- Contact your MP: phone their constituency office and tell them federal public service workers deserve to paid correctly and on-time. Opposition MP's have brought Phoenix up in Parliament many times over the past year and continue to pressure the government to fix the problem.
- Use PSAC's online action form and send a letter to the Prime Minister.
- Share your thoughts about the 1-year anniversary of Phoenix in a few words on Twitter or Facebook (tag the PM and your MP, and use the hashtag #FixPhoenix)
- Take a selfie or picture with a message about Phoenix and share it on social media (tag the PM and your MP, and use the hashtag #FixPhoenix) and if possible email your photo to PSAC at BraggP@psac-afpc.com
- Other actions to raise awareness (for example, gather with coworkers outside your workplace and take a photo or visit a local MP’s office together). Send us your photo!
A Phoenix tool kit will be available at the national website in the coming days, which will bring together existing information and new material in one place.
Over the past year, there have been hundreds of stories in the media about Phoenix, let's keep up the public and political pressure on the government!